Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Magnolia is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While JTech Mechanical always recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call JTech Mechanical in Magnolia at 281-231-8768 today.