Having routine air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Magnolia season, have the specialists at JTech Mechanical perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of unlawfully releasing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow through the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We advise looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call JTech Mechanical today at 281-231-8768.