During the cooler Magnolia months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to JTech Mechanical will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call JTech Mechanical ASAP if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from JTech Mechanical can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call JTech Mechanical at 281-231-8768 or book an appointment with us online.