When it’s chilly in Magnolia you count on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system appears to be operating well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can impede air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you may have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like JTech Mechanical.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You could have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem weak? You could have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could suggest a few specific problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your home.
4. Your electric bill keeps climbing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps increasing. This could point to several different problems. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and shut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC experts to remedy.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The pros at JTech Mechanical will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.