Make your life simpler—begin preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures arrive. You can save on your energy bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are working your system when it needs service, you could see a extreme hike in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system working efficiently with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your JTech Mechanical professional each year. This is critical to keep your unit working for a long time to come. The technician can make sure that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any conceivable problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more costly repairs.
Just some of the perks a professional air conditioning service will present you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t shrubs growing too close to your AC, which can cut off airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outdoor unit was covered during the cold season, be sure to uncover it. You can ruin your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could end in major repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your JTech Mechanical service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your usual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when needed! Different homes have different air filter replacement requirements. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may need to change them on a more regular basis.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your house healthy too! If you follow these easy steps, your AC will be ready for whatever warmer temps can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the JTech Mechanical team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.