Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Magnolia during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at JTech Mechanical will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to test if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call JTech Mechanical at 281-231-8768 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.