You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at JTech Mechanical have put together a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become big problems, and it can help ensure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big dent on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting acclimated to the current temperature, try changing it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your JTech Mechanical technician is over for your regular furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 281-231-8768.