People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. In addition to keeping you in touch with work and friends, your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system using a Wi-Fi connection, so that means you can use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, and they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. A smart thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and make adjustments to the temperature accordingly.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats over the last few years. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more accessible and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to start researching them and all their benefits, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will automatically make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it can be hard to remember to plan for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You’ll find that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide choice of heating and cooling equipment, so many models are most likely compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer you many benefits to maximize your home comfort levels and give you ways lower your energy bills. Call JTech Mechanical in Magnolia at 281-231-8768. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be sure you’ll find one to match your needs.